We are looking at opportunities to extend the training opportunities for our members and also options for new beginners. One option that we are considering is adding a pair of classes during the day on a Thursday. This would be a high energy/fitness class and a lower grade technical class, suitable for all ages/grades including beginners. If you / your children would be interested please share your views in our survey here.
Please also feel free to share this with friends and relatives if you think they might be interested in trying Taekwondo.
If there is interest, we would be looking to launch these classes at the start of March. Initially we expect we would be running online but would look to continue the classes when we can return to face-to-face training but potentially with different training times as schools and workplaces reopen.
Thank you for your continued support.
Congratulations to all those promoted following the grading on the 19th December. Unfortunately because of the lockdown we have not been able to physically award your certificates and new belts but they are waiting for you when we reopen our doors. Keep up the training!
|9th Kup / Yellow Tag||8th Kup / Yellow Belt (cont)||6th Kup / Green Belt|
|Jonah Mean - CREDIT||Jake Leung||Liz Scorey|
|Brandon Paduanelli||Mykolas-Jonas Kuodys||Louie Fan|
|Filip Grabiec||Olivia Lau|
|Isaac Graham||5th Kup / Blue Tag|
|Mark Racszabo||7th Kup / Green Tag||Dineth Udahage-Don|
|Isha Gurung||Joe Scorey|
|8th Kup / Yellow Belt||Oliver Lau|
|Christian Hewitt - CREDIT||Reena Gurung||4th Kup / Blue Belt|
|Ashley Paduanelli||Tia Gore|
|Ella Leung||2nd Kup / Red Belt|
Unfortunately we can not yet confirm the date of the next grading but we will do so once a date is known for the lifting of the current national lockdown.
Well done to everyone who trained so hard both in the dojang and online at Saturday's Competition Poomsae Training. Really good turnout for the middle of December.
As we come to the end of a difficult year we would like to thank you for your continued fabulous support for Bluewave during 2020.
We just wanted to confirm a few things before the end of the year.
- Classes will continue as usual this week. The final classes of 2020 will be on Monday 21st December 2020.
- Classes will resume on Monday 4th January 2021.
- We expect to resume 2021 with the current classes and government guidelines. If this changes we will send out a further email, update the website and post on Facebook.
- If you wish to change classes, or perhaps for our former members come back to training in 2021, please check class availability on the website - HERE. If a class is marked as full and you wish to be added to the waiting list please let us know.
- There will be a kup grading on Saturday 19th December. The first kup grading for 2021 is scheduled for Saturday 27th February.
- At this point we do still plan to run our Bluewave Open Poomsae Championships on Saturday 5th June 2021. We will soon start preparing for this important event and will be looking for plenty of volunteers. We will also be running our regular Competition Poomsae Training on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month so we are hoping for a good entry of competitors from Bluewave next year.
Normally we finish the year with an all ages fun training session, club meeting and social event. This is obviously not possible this year but we will look to run a celebration once it is possible to safely lift the current restrictions.
We wish you a Happy Christmas and look forward to seeing everyone back training in 2021.
We are pleased to say that we will be restarting physical classes from Thursday 3rd December. Working with the guidelines provided by British Taekwondo we have now reviewed any adjustments needed to allow us to resume training in a way that manages the risks appropriately.
We have updated the details in our "Return to Training Framework" which can be downloaded from HERE. This describes the details of how we are managing classes to provide a safe training environment. Please take a few minutes to review the latest version of the framework so that you can help us work within the latest guidelines and maintain a safe training environment for all
The class schedule from the 3rd December will be the same as prior to the latest period of lockdown and can be found HERE. All Teen/Adult classes, the Family class, the Stretching and Flexibility class and the Dan Poomsae class will also be available as streamed online classes as well as physical classes in the dojang. From the 3rd December the KickStars class, Junior classes and the High Energy/HITT class will only be available as physical classes.
We can also now confirm that the Competition Poomsae Training scheduled for Saturday 12th December will run as a physical class but on this occasion only we will also live stream the Competition Poomsae Training as we expect it to be over-subscribed. Please let us know if you would like to have a space reserved for the physical class.
The next kup grading will run on Saturday 19th December. The instructors will be assessing potential grading candidates in the first week after we return to physical training. Guidelines permitting, the following grading will be held in February 2021.